From mountains to mammals, everything is bigger in Alaska. In the 20+ hours of summer sunlight a day, even the produce grows to fair-winning proportions. Of course, the 70-pound Matanuska Valley cabbage is just the beginning of the big sights this sun-soaked tour of Alaska has to offer. Just wait until you cruise along the three-mile face of the Columbia Glacier, sail by the calving tidewater glaciers of Kenai Fjords National Park and ascend into Denali National Park – home of North America’s highest peak – by way of the world-famous Alaska Railroad. Other big moments include panning for gold at Fairbanks’ Gold Dredge #8, seeing a mushing demonstration at the home of an Iditarod champion, and witnessing the grandest of wildlife from Alaska’s majestic coasts to its monumental crests. While spotting a giant whale, caribou, moose, or grizzly might be “no biggie” to the locals, we think you’ll agree, this Alaska holiday is huge. What’s bigger and better than the whales, waterways, and whopping views of Alaska? Extending your Alaska holiday to see more of them. Add a leisurely cruise through the breathtaking Gulf of Alaska and Inside Passage to your Alaska holiday to see more wondrous wilderness and charming settlements. Enjoy scenic cruising around Glacier Bay National Park and time in the frontier capital of Juneau, the tranquil towns of Haines or Skagway, and totem-pole-dotted Ketchikan.
- We’ve packed everything you need for the perfect holiday—from hand-selected hotels and dining to the friendly expertise of Globus Tour Directors and Local Guides, to seamless transportation between destinations and VIP access to the world’s most iconic sites! Touring by private, first-class, air-conditioned motorcoach.
- Your package price includes Holland America’s ‘Have It All Premium Cruise Package.’ Included for 2024: Signature Beverage package, $100 Shore Excursion Credit, One dinner in a specialty restaurant and Surf Wi-Fi package
- Your Train: The historic Alaska Railroad travels through Alaska’s spectacular scenery. This upgraded experience in Deluxe Dome Service features confirmed seats in the upper-level dome car, priority seating in the dining room, and a private outdoor viewing deck.
- While wildlife in Alaska is frequently seen year-round, May through early June and September departures offer greater opportunities for wildlife viewing. Departures after mid-August offer fall foliage. The Northern Lights (aurora borealis) are most visible in late August and September, weather permitting.
- Cruise itineraries provided by Holland America Line are current at the time of this publishing. This tour visits remote regions where some facilities are not up to the first-class standards you expect from Globus. However, we have selected the best available hotels that satisfy our high standards of cleanliness and comfort.
- At least one member of the travelling party must be 21 years of age or older.